Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4 Holiday Weekend and "thank you" Emma!




We spent a week in Newburyport. $1200 in mechanic's and marina fees later, we are sailing again! Woo Hoo! The new oil cooler seems to be doing its job and the Ford Lehman appears to have survived and is running strong. I will have it checked again, anyway. I learned a lesson and have paid dearly for it. We are sailing along the coast as I look out the pilothouse window and am typing this post. The wind is blowing strong at times, then it dies down, to pipe right-up again. Our speed is between 4.5 and 6 knots. Not bad at all. Emma has been steering the boat, ever since Bremer Speck left Newburyport. She is doing an excellent job! I named my Hydrovane wind vane after my late mother-in-law, Emma Orlemann. She sailed with us only once, at age 80, and took to the wheel, immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment