Friday, June 5, 2009

The Wallas Diesel Cooker is Kaput!



Only 14 more days to the race and I found out a couple of nights ago, that my Wallas diesel cooker has broken down and needs to be repaired. Nearest place of service is the importer\dealer in Seattle. Estimated cost of repairs is $1,000.00 but I have no time for that because the oven would have to be put on a pallet and shipped by truck to Seattle. So, I am supporting the economy and have ordered a Force 10 propane stove from West Marine with overnight delivery. They delivered, alright. But, after removing the packaging, it turns out the unit is damaged in more than one place! What else can go wrong? Called West to get it replaced. They will ship replacement today with Saturday delivery, at their cost. I am crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment