Monday, June 29, 2009

Our motor problem may possibly be easier to fix than first thought!


I had posted a request for help on the Nauticat owners bulletin board and several people responded with their suggestions. One did specifically address the oil coolers, of which there are two. One is for the engine, the other for the transmission. I also spoke to people at American Diesel, staffed with experts who do know the Ford Lehman diesel engine inside and out. They agreed that my symptoms point towards the cooler. I had my credit card handy. :-) ... and ordered replacements. I think the total parts bill comes to about $500.00, plus mechanic time for installation, plus marina transient slip fees. The marina mechanic agreed to install the oil coolers prior to the July 4 holiday weekend. WOO HOO! Perhaps, I can go sailing next weekend and possibly, sail South towards Boston for the July 4 fireworks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment